Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Leaves

Whew! What a ride!!! Does anyone else feel way too busy? Well, Keene and I just got back from Missouri last night after taking a quick and unplanned trip there. We went for very sad reasons, one being that my paternal grandmother had a stroke, and two that my maternal grandfather was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and was going to have it surgically removed. They feared a poor prognosis for my grandmother (the one I posted pics of her trip to midland on this blog), but as I just talked to her today she reports she is walking better now and having more and more movement to her left arm. Her speech is pretty much normal,except when she laughs, cries, or tries to sing, and her face is less droopy. Grandpa Kermit also made it through surgery very well...the doc thought he had removed all of the cancer and didn't see anymore in the surrounding lymph nodes (he took them out anyway). Grandpa will get his pathology report back soon to see what stage of cancer he has. He is back on the farm already. PRAISE GOD AND PRAISE GOD AGAIN! I was blessed to have the chance to go. First time I packed for the possibility of a funeral for my grandparents, and that was rather hard for me to realize.

But in the midst of all the craziness, I was able to torture my son by putting him on the cold ground, barefoot nonetheless, as it was drizzling rain down on him, for these cute pics! I felt like the paparazzi! Ya know,the people who chase the famous if I didn't spell that right. Click, click, click went the camera. Total shoot took...oh, maybe 5 minutes. Some of them turned out okay though, and we all, Gigi and Danny Joe included, had a great time. Thanks Danny Joe for raking up the leaves and letting us borrow his wheelbarrow! Keene is two months old exactly in these pictures. Does time fly!

I did miss Mike and I's first wedding anniversary and that was sad. I kept thinking how much I was going to miss hearing him sing "My Love" by Lionel Richie to me but the day got to busy and I didn't even ask him to sing it for me. He sings it to me like all the time, but I really wanted to hear it on our day. Oh well, maybe tonight.

Posting again soon,
Meg

1 comment:

Jenrose Malloy said...

Megan, I'm glad you had a safe trip home. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you, but I know you were really busy. Keene is a beautiful baby and I can't wait to hold him and love on him! Give him hugs and kisses for me, and hopefully I'll see you soon!

Love and miss you,
Jenrose